How do I enter?
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY. Failure to comply could result in your entry being disqualified.
- Prepare 2 bottles of each of your beers.
- Register your beers. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER yourself and your beers. We require all entries to be completed on-line.
- Complete the recipe form. The link for the recipe form is available here. Entries without a recipe cannot be selected as the BOS winner.
- Print and cut-out the 2 bottle labels per entry.
- Attach a bottle label to each bottle with a rubber band. Do not use glue or tape to attach the label to the bottle. It is advisable to enclose each label in a plastic (sandwich) bag to avoid smearing in the event of broken bottles during transit.
- Write a check payable to Lonerider Brewing Company for the total of your entries. $6 for each entry. Check with FedEx or other private carrier if you prefer to ship. Checks shipped with brews should be enclosed in a plastic bag to eliminate smearing. Mailed checks are acceptable. Please ensure that the check identifies the entrant/point of contact. Also see HERE for a JudgeNet posting on shipping advice.
- Send or deliver entries, checks and recipes as noted above.
- We will ensure that entries are well cared for once they reach the destination. They will be transferred to a beer cooler promptly upon delivery.
Details regarding bottles
- Each bottle must be plain glass, brown or green, 10 to 16 ounces in volume, and crown capped.
- Any existing labels, either commercial or home-made, must be removed from the bottles before submitting.
- Bottle caps should have any distinguishing marks completely blacked out.
- Bottles and caps must be free of anything which is sufficiently unique that it could identify a brewer. This may include raised lettering, unique bottle shapes or the like.
- No swing-top bottles.
- No reusable containers, including “Carbonator” type devices.
- The use of brown, long-neck, 12 oz. bottles is encouraged, but not required.
- Bottles not meeting these guidelines will be disqualified, and ineligible for award. However, they may be judged at the discretion of the competition organizer.
- NOTE: We will be unable to return bottles or shipping materials.
How much will it set me back?
The fee is $6 for each entry. Each brewer is permitted to submit a maximum of 4 entries into the competition.
What’s in it for me?
The registration fees for this competition will be used exclusively to cover the cost of producing the Lonerider “Brew it Forward” competition. In addition to the opportunity to brew their winning recipe on Lonerider’s professional system, a portion of the net proceeds from the sale of the beer made by Lonerider Brewing Company using the winner’s recipe will be given to the winning homebrewer. Any remaining funds will be donated to other charities by Lonerider Brewing Company. Quality ribbons will be awarded to all 1st, 2nd and 3rd place flight winners.